Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
McGovern Library enriches the student learning experience and encourages intellectual discovery by connecting people with high quality information.
McGovern Library fulfills its mission through the following objectives:
- To serve all members of the campus community by meeting their instructional, research, and general information needs.
- To select materials and develop collections in all appropriate formats that support the school's curriculum; that provide a variety of viewpoints on issues; and that are responsive to the needs and potentials of DWU students, faculty and staff.
- To provide access to local, regional, and worldwide information sources.
- To support and assist the DWU community in effectively and efficiently locating, selecting, evaluating, and using information by providing both one-on-one and classroom library instruction.
- To provide a user-friendly environment appropriate for study and research in which assistance is offered and questions are encouraged.
- To preserve and facilitate access to special collections, including archival materials.
- To support and participate in local, regional, national, and international networks that share resources and services.
- To make optimal use of human, financial, and physical resources in providing library services in an ever-changing information environment.
- To provide a wide array of technological resources and support for those resources.
© 2020 McGovern Library, Dakota Wesleyan University
Contact us: McGovern Library | Ph. 605.995.2618 | Fax 605.995.2893 | 1200 W. University Ave, Mitchell, SD 57301