Skip to main content
Academic Search Premier
This multi-disciplinary database provides full text for more than 4,600 journals, including full text for nearly 3,900 peer-reviewed titles.
Foreign Relations of the United States (FRUS)
Digital facsimile of Foreign Relations of the United States beginning with the administration of Abraham Lincoln. Provides official documentary history of major foreign policy decisions in an incomplete run from 1863-1958, with missing volumes being added as they can be acquired and processed.
JSTOR is a full-text database of back issues for scholarly journals as well as eBooks, primarily in the social sciences and humanities. Journal content typically begins with volume one, but because JSTOR is an archival database, the most recent 3-5 years of journal issues are not available in JSTOR.
ProQuest Research Library
ProQuest Research Library™ provides one-stop access to thousands of full-text periodicals. Search from a highly-respected, diversified mix of scholarly journals, professional and trade publications, and magazines.
US Newsstream (Newspapers)
US Newsstream provides access to the most influential and respected contemporary news resources from around the nation. This comprehensive contemporary news collection delivers superior access to current, full-text news sources including newspapers, newswires, news journals, television and radio transcripts, blogs, podcasts, and digital-only websites.
Image courtesy of San Bernardino Valley College Library.
Print indexes should be used to find articles published prior to 1990. A number of print indexes are available in McGovern Library. Below are suggested indexes and possible search terms to use for locating articles about WWI.
- Public Affairs Information Service (PAIS)
- Includes bibliographic records from the literature of public policy, social policy and the social sciences. Types of publications indexed include books, periodicals and selected local, state, national and international government documents.
- Essay and General Literature Index
- Use for political position speeches, background, etc.
- v. 1 (1900-) - v. 9 (-1979) see "European War, 1914-1918" or "Reconstruction, 1914-"
- v. 10 (1980-)- see "World War, 1914-1918"
- Reader's Guide to Periodical Literature
- v. 4 (1915-1918) use "European War"
- v. 5 (1919-) - v. 36 (-Feb. 1977) use "European War, 1914-1918"
- v. 37 (Mar. 1977-) - use "World War, 1914-1918"
- Social Sciences Index
- v. 1 (Apr. 1974-) - v. 8 (-Mar. 1982) use "European War, 1914-1918"
- v. 9 (Apr. 1983-) - see "World War, 1914-1918"
© 2016 McGovern Library, Dakota Wesleyan University
Contact us: McGovern Library | Ph. 605.995.2618 | Fax 605.995.2893 | 1201 McGovern Avenue, Mitchell, SD 57301