Apple devices: You need to use the Safari web browser when searching for and downloading EBSCO eBooks.
Apple and Android devices: The free Bluefire Reader app is needed to download EBSCO e-books onto mobile devices.
You need to have a free Adobe Digital Editions account in order to authorize your Bluefire Reader app. If you don't already have such an account the Bluefire Reader app will prompt for an Adobe ID login and password to authorize before e-books can be downloaded.
Just a reminder, you need to create a free My EBSCOhost account in order to checkout and download eBooks from EBSCO.
When using your DWU issued iPad to locate and download EBSCO eBooks Safari is the best web browser to use. EBSCOhost now automatically displays a mobile version of the site when you are using a mobile device. The mobile interface allows you to search and read results as well as gives full access to search options and MyEBSCOhost folder items. In addition, you can download eBooks from the mobile interface. There’s also an easy way to switch between the mobile-optimized site and the full featured site.
Popular Devices that Are Compatible with EBSCOhost E-book Download include:
To transfer an EBSCO e-book from Adobe Digital Editions to your mobile device:
1. Open your downloaded EBSCO e-book on your computer in Adobe Digital Editions.
2. Connect your mobile device to your computer.
3. The device will appear under the Bookshelves heading in the column on the left side of the Adobe Digital Editions screen (the device must be authorized with your Adobe ID).
4. Click on the Library view (the icon of bookshelves in the upper left corner) within Adobe Digital Editions. Titles you have downloaded are listed on the right.
5. Drag and drop the title you would like to transfer onto your portable device below the Bookshelves heading. Do not disconnect the device while you are in the process of transferring a title to the device.
6. You will see the file copy to the device. The title is now transferred to the device.
© 2016 McGovern Library, Dakota Wesleyan University
Contact us: McGovern Library | Ph. 605.995.2618 | Fax 605.995.2893 | 1201 McGovern Avenue, Mitchell, SD 57301