Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Ask Librarian Alexis Becker for help.
Hours: Monday through Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Office: McGovern Library 113
UNI 101 - Scavenger Hunt
The Fall 2021 Scavenger Hunt will be filled out online through Microsoft Forms. A link and QR code is provided at the bottom of this page for easy access.
- Work with your small group within your UNI 101 Section.
- Open up the Explore the Library: Scavenger Hunt in Microsoft Forms.
- Follow the prompts and answer the questions (and take selfies when prompted).
- At the beginning of the scavenger hunt, you will be asked to provide your group members' names and email addresses. This is to allow for feedback and to provide answers any questions after the scavenger hunt ends.
- Use this guide to help you when you are stuck.
- Check out the "Library Building" and "Library Online" tabs for tips, hints, and additional information to help answer the scavenger hunt questions.
- Travel to the McGovern Library's building on campus.
- You will explore the first and second floors of the library, and you will meet with Librarian Alexis Becker as well.
- Explore the library's website online.
- You will be directed to visit different areas of the website and answer questions focusing on research and using library resources.
- Submit your scavenger hunt.
- There are 3 questions at the end of the scavenger hunt asking about what you learned and what questions you still have.
- The librarian will reach out to you to answer any questions you have and provide feedback on what you discovered.
During the Scavenger Hunt, you will be:
- Exploring the library's building with your group and taking selfies around the library.
- Please be courteous to those who are using the library for studying and school work. Do not disturb others to get that 'perfect shot'.
- Answering questions about the library and the resources found within.
- If you are stuck and not sure where to find an answer, look at the "Library Building" and "Library Online" tabs. These will provide tips and hints to help you answer the scavenger hunt questions.
- Additional resources will also be located within these tabs, so check them out!
- If you are still stuck or if something is not working, please reach out to the librarian.
- Searching the library's website.
- The library's website is home to the library's catalog (where you can find available books), databases (where you can search for academic articles), guides (like this one, which provide information and assistance), and more.
- Having fun while you learn about the library.
- Be creative with your photos and have fun! Find new areas and spaces within the library and learn what is available for you to use during your time at DWU.
© 2022 McGovern Library, Dakota Wesleyan University
Email: email@example.com | Phone: (605) 995-2618 | 1200 W. University Ave, Mitchell, SD 57301