Skip to Main Content
Before checking out the "Check Out, South Dakota State Parks!" packet from the McGovern Library, you are required to fill out the following forms. Forms are available to download below, or can be filled out at the McGovern Library's circulation desk at the time of checkout.
About the Program
The “Check Out, South Dakota State Parks!” program is a partnership between the South Dakota State Library and the South Dakota Game, Fish, and Parks, wherein the South Dakota State Library has partnered with libraries across South Dakota to allow library patrons in good standing to check out a State Park Entrance License, free of charge, and spend a day or two exploring South Dakota’s parks.
The following is included in the “Check Out, South Dakota State Parks!” Packet:
- 1 State Park Entrance License (to be displayed on your vehicle’s review mirror)
- 1 neck wallet containing the State Park Entrance License and QR Code for a Survey
- 1 South Dakota State Parks booklet for the current season
Restrictions & Fees
The McGovern Library has placed the following restrictions onto this item.
- Patrons may check out the State Park Pass & Packet for up to three (3) days.
- A patron may only check out the State Park Pass & Packet once every 30 days.
- There are no renewals or consecutive check outs for the State Park Pass & Packet.
- The State Park Pass & Packet must be returned to the McGovern Library’s Circulation Desk and cannot be placed in the exterior or interior book drops.
- A short survey will be filled out upon returning the State Park Pass & Packet to the McGovern Library to assist the South Dakota State Library in data collection about this program.
The McGovern Library has placed the following fees onto this item if the item is damaged, lost, or stolen.
- If the State Park Pass & Packet is lost or stolen, an $80.00 replacement fee and a $15.00 processing fee will be charged to the Patron’s Dakota Wesleyan University account.
- A $10.00 per day late fee will be charged, and not waived, if the State Park Pass & Packet is not returned by its due date. Fees will begin accruing one (1) day after the assigned due date.
- If the State Park Pass & Packet is not returned before the 8th day after the initial check-out date, the State Park Pass & Packet will be deemed as lost or stolen, and the Patron will be charged the replacement and processing fees as noted above.
© 2023 McGovern Library, Dakota Wesleyan University
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: (605) 995-2618 | 1200 W. University Ave, Mitchell, SD 57301